The Old Shades dates back to 1680.The Grade II listed house takes its name from “Shades” meaning a wine vault with a drinking bar shaded by a covered arcade or below ground.
The challenge was to work closely with the planners to maximum the existing space by carefully stripping back the interior fabricate to its former glory yet adding a show stopping bar, rear display &
bespoke brass & nickel light fittings.
Hand-made victorian tiling were reinstated within the main dining room, decorative floor tiles formed a new apron which surround the central bar with its moulded pewter bar top.
Conptempary coulourways used for the more intimate booths with low-level velvet privacy screens adding grandeur.